Lapeer City Fire & Rescue serves over 24,000 people living in an area of approximately 100 square miles, encompassing the City of Lapeer, Lapeer Township, Mayfield Township, and the southern half of Oregon Township. As a participating member of the Lapeer County Mutual Aid Agreement, we also provide/receive automatic aid assistance to/from the townships of Arcadia, Attica, Deerfield, Elba, and Metamora; with mutual aid to/from the rest of the county as well as two neighboring counties.
We are a combination department staffed by a full time Fire Chief, Fire Marshal, Fire Inspector; one part time firefighter; a volunteer chaplain, and 39 highly dedicated paid on call firefighters and officers. We also share two support staff with the Police Department. The department operates out of a single station located in the City of Lapeer with three fire engines, a tender (water tanker), a heavy rescue, a grass truck and an aerial platform/ladder truck. During 2015, the department responded to a total of 301 calls for service. These are all fire or rescue related; medical emergencies in our service area are handled by Lapeer County EMS and MedStar Ambulance.
(click the facebook logo; it will take you directly to our page)
To limit loss of life, and prevent injury and property damage by providing the highest level of fire prevention and protection services to the citizens of our community.
- Promote fire safety and prevention through effective code enforcement and public education programs.
- Through training, equipment, and personnel, strive to minimize damage caused by fires.
- Endeavor to be recognized by our community and each other through:
- Treating all with kindness, patience, and consideration;
- Being accountable for our actions;
- Dedication to providing an organization that fosters an environment of tolerance, trust, and involvement; and
- Being a model of excellence in the eyes of our communities needs and concerns.
Our Services include:
- Fire Safety & Prevention Education
- Fire Safety Inspections & Plan Review
- Fire Suppression
- Hazardous Materials (Operations level)
- Juvenile Fire Setter Intervention
- Origin & Cause Investigation
- Rescue (extrication & confined space)