Our police force is well equipped to handle any emergency situation, as well as to provide community education to prevent emergencies. As required for the protection of our citizens, we also work in conjunction with the Michigan State Police, Thumb Area Narcotics and Lapeer County Sheriff’s Department. Your safety is our number one concern.
The Lapeer City Police Department has been entrusted to uphold and enforce the ordinances of the City of Lapeer and the laws of the State of Michigan and to maintain social order. With the public trust comes the responsibility to maintain these high standards of conduct at all times.
All members of the Lapeer Police Department shall:
- Conduct themselves in a manner that reflects professionalism in the performance of their duties;
- Use courtesy when dealing with the citizens that we serve; and
- Treat all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion or sex, with fairness.
- Promote traffic safety, minimize vehicular accidents, preserve life and protect property.
- Fairly enforce the ordinances of the City of Lapeer and the laws of the State of Michigan.
- Strive to educate the citizens of the City of Lapeer on crime prevention and public safety.
- Provide 24-hour services to the citizens of the City of Lapeer.
- Suppress criminal activity, investigate all crimes, arrest offenders, and assist the victims of crime.
- Ensure that the people of the City of Lapeer receive the greatest benefit for monies expended for the Police service.
- Promote citizen involvement and input into the use of Police resources.
- Maintain an open forum for citizens to present any grievances or concerns with Police services.